Update converters/libetonyek to use devel/mdds1.2 ?

Scanning through pkgsrc shows that converters/libetonyek is only package remaining that depends on the original devel/mdds package, while converters/orcus0.12, math/libixion, and misc/libreoffice all depend on the newer devel/mssd1.2 package.

WRT libreoffice, since it depends on libetonyek it indirectly depends on mdds as well as its direct dependency on mdds1.2 - therefore building libreoffice requires installation of _both_ versions of mdds!

It seems to me it should not be difficult to update libetonyek to depend on mdds1.2 and then we could retire the older mdds.

Thoughts? Or is there some other reason to continue to maintain two versions of the mdds package?

FWIW, it appears that it's not quite as simple as just replacing the mdds/buildlink3.mk with mdds1.2/buildlink3.mk (in the Makefile), as this results in an error while building:

    checking for glm/glm.hpp... yes
    checking for MDDS... no
    configure: error: Package requirements (mdds-1.0) were not met:

    Package 'mdds-1.0', required by 'virtual:world', not found

    Alternatively, you may set the environment variables MDDS_CFLAGS
    and MDDS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
    *** Error code 1

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:          |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee dot com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd dot org |