Re: sysupgrade

On 05/21/17 18:39, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 05:04:19PM -0500, Jason Bacon wrote:
Is sysutils/sysupgrade still supported?  It looks like the package hasn't
been upgraded in a few years, although it's recommended here:

     https://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-upgrading.html
Yes, it should still work.

Trying to run this:

     sysupgrade auto 'ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-7.1/amd64'

Ends in this:

     sysupgrade: E: Failed to fetch ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-7.1/amd64/binary/kernel/netbsd-AUTOUPDATE.gz
It looks like sysupgrade tried to automatically discover your kernel
config name, and determined it to be "AUTOUPDATE".  Is that correct?
You can run "config -x | head -1" to see.  You can explicitly set
the kernel to use as part of the auto-update with:

	sysupgrade -o KERNEL=GENERIC auto <releasedir>

Correct you are. I was able to work around this by simply using "-o KERNEL=GENERIC". I had forgotten that I chose a different name for the kernel when installing some patches a while back and assumed netbsd-AUTOUPDATE.gz was some sort of tool sysupgrade wanted.

Thanks for the pointer.

--
Earth is a beta site.