Re: g95

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 06:39:34PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 04:35:10PM +0000, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
> > On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 04:29:23PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> > >
> > > Time to change compiler/gcc.mk?
> > >
> > > # On systems without a Fortran compiler, pull one in if needed.
> > > # The default is g95 as it supports a modern dialect, but it can
> > > # be overridden in mk.conf to use only f2c.
> > > #
> > > PKGSRC_FORTRAN?=g95
> > >
> > > (and clang.mk)
> > >

> > commit this before joerg shows up!
> > by the time he agrees, flang will be a widely used implementation.
>
> You know that I don't hit the majority of the "mix different gcc
> implementations" issues with clang already? Noone has sorted out those
> problems, switching from g95 to gfortran is likely to just make them a
> lot worse in general.

I assumed given the g95 compile error, that the error was so basic that
someone(tm) would have fixed it, which suggested that no one is using g95.

Do you mean it works-for-you? (I saw the issue on -current/amd64(!))

Change the default for compiler/gcc.mk but leave compiler/clang.mk well
alone?

Cheers,

Patrick