Re: Where to host ChezScheme boot images

    Date:        Tue, 16 May 2017 20:27:11 +0200
    From:        Aleksej Lebedev <root%zta.lk@localhost>

  | As for the other architectures, real work must be done,

Yes, that one is the hard work...

  | Well, ChezScheme almost follows this pattern, except in
  | "write ... in some programming language that is widely supported" part
  | :-).

Actually, sometime in the past there was no ChezScheme right?
I know, that's a dumb question, of course there wasn't.
But then there was the very first version, and someone wrote that.
And they compiled it.   And they didn't compile it using ChezScheme
because that didn't exist yet.   And probably this same method, whatever
it was, was used several times, to make bigger and better versions,
until ChezScheme was finally working well enough to compile itself.

Why can't the distribution just include that first (or one of the
later ones) that was written in something else, and then the most
recent version that that first version could compile, and any more
intermediate versions until you get to something that can compile
the code as it is now.   The development must have proceeded like
that (more or less), so it should be possible for others to duplicate it
(without needing to do the tedious parts, of creating the code and
debugging it...) ?

kre