Re: pbulk on pkgsrc_2017Q1 consistently failing to install build dependencies before aborting

On Fri, 2017-04-28 at 20:18 +0100, Sevan Janiyan wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> Welcome to the club, I lost a best part of two weeks trying to get
> going with bulkbuilds on Darwin PowerPC, this is a fallout from a
> change of paths.
>
> You need to edit your pbulk/etc/pbulk.conf & ammend the pkgdb path,
> by default it points to /var/db/pkg which is correct on NetBSD but
> wrong on everything else.  Assuming you're using mk/pbulk/pbulk.sh
> to setup, that line needs to be changed to pkgdb=/usr/pkg/pkgdb.
>
> I did submit a patch to amend this but it was pushed back, If its
> any conciliation, I keep on being caught by this or
> /mnt/packages/All not being created automatically. Really painful on
> slower legacy system where the scan stage of the entire tree takes
> around 3 days.
>

> Sevan

Hi Sven, Hi Jörg,

thank you very much for your help.

Adding pkgdb as Sven suggested turned out to fix my problem.

I managed to build a (scripted) solution using docker containers and
verified correct operation on fedora:25. I have placed the code on
https://github.com/cruwe/docker-pkgsrcbldr, which I hope to extend to
different Linuxes and parallel operation with multiple docker
containers in the near future.

Many thanks, cheers,
--
Christopher