Re: Confused, in need of direction

Thanks!

At the present I’m trying to build xfce4 out of meta-pkgs and it keeps getting hung up on a build of gstreamer0.10.

The  error is:
Makefile:657: recipe for target ‘all-recursive’ failed
gmake[1] *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory ‘/usr/pkgsrc/multimedia/gstreamer0.10/work/gstrreamer-0.10.35’
Makefile:563: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
gmake: *** [all] Errror 2

If there are errors before that that are more pertinent they’ve already scrolled by on my screen, but I can capture everything using script if necessary.

Before doing any pkgsrc builds I run a little script that descends into every package in the tree and does a “make clean” if it finds a work directory.  When that completes I run a “cvs update -A”.  I believe this gives me a totally clean and updated pkgsrc tree.  Then I attempt building the package that previously failed, this this case xfce4.

My mk.conf is the default one taken from /usr/pkgsrc/mk/defaults.  The only changes I made to it are for licenses for packages that won’t build with that default license setups.

-bob