Re: Firefox vs GTK3

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 06:52:05AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Good pointer!
>
> It seems that gtk2 stored manual changes to the size, and remembered the
> last location, in .config/gtk-2.0/gtkfilechooser{,.ini}.
>
> Gtk3 does not seem to do that anymore. Is that a bug in our gtk3 port?
>
> gtk-query-settings says:
>
> !          gtk-file-chooser-backend: NULL
>

> This also may be bad interaction with Xfce, so are others seeing the same
> behaviour?
>
> Martin

Searching a bit, it looks like dconf needs to be edited with the
gsettings program.

This is a pain. Very systemd like.

https://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/gsettings-tool.html

https://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/GSettings.html

Those links might be handy if man isn't enough.

With gsettings, filechooser, and gtk as keywords may likely provide more
info than I have experience with.

Here is one wiki
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GTK%2B#File-Chooser_Startup-Location

Reading some gtk bug reports, on this topic, I noticed some mention of
Rust here and there. Hmm.