Re: Audio output from firefox

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 07:48:33PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Rust is a portability killer. Audio we can deal with (in fact it seems
> to work pretty well for me with OSS on -current with in-kernel mixing,
> despite this being a configuration not blessed by mozilla upstream).
>
> Martin

One of the bigger issues is likely to be the trust put in Rust. I'm not
saying that it can't deliver, in some respects. But I don't think it is
going to make a difference when the confidence inspires people to think
that the insecure layers above it are somehow now magically safe.

I get the impression that this will be the unspoken advertisment heard
by many a flock.

This is based on pattern recognition, more than any kind of inside track.
So I admit that I'm crying a little bit beyond my capacity to hurt.