Problem with multimedia/libvdpau and www/firefox

With up-to-date pkgsrc, I'm getting the following error when trying to fetch:

# cd /build/pkgsrc/multimedia/libvdpau/
# make fetch
ERROR: This package has set PKG_FAIL_REASON:
ERROR: [bsd.options.mk] PKG_OPTIONS_VAR is not defined.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /build/pkgsrc/multimedia/libvdpau
# cd ../../www/firefox
# make fetch
ERROR: This package has set PKG_FAIL_REASON:
ERROR: [bsd.options.mk] PKG_OPTIONS_VAR is not defined.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /build/pkgsrc/www/firefox

Several hundred other packages are working fine (successfully executing the 'make fetch' command), so I'm not sure what's so special about these two packages...

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:      |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org |