Re: guile-slib fails to install after being rebuilt with new guile20

Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> writes:

> Rebuilt guile20 and then rebuilt guile-slib
>
> The package builds OK, but fails to install.  Here's the log:
>
> [snip]
>
> slib/guile-2.init:174:20: In procedure #<procedure 970e80 ()>:
> slib/guile-2.init:174:20: In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: current-module
> *** Error code 1

I had this problem too, and I've been trying to figure it out off and on
(mostly off).  Others report that it builds fine in a bulk build.  I
discovered that I had some cached compiled files in ~/.cache/guile, and
I removed the entire directory.  Then guile-slib built fine.

So there's probably a bug about using cache files when they shouldn't
be, but now I don't think there's anything wrong with guile-slib.

Arguably pkgsrc should protect guile from $HOME, but it seems it doesn't
somehow, even though in general I thought HOME protection worked.  Or
perhaps this is more complicated than I think.