/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lldap

Hi guys,

I'm currently trying to update a few nagios-related packages. However, some of them are broken and these issues are not related to the updates I have done. For intance: net/nagios-plugin-syncrepl stopped because didn't find ldap.h. I used createbuildlink inside databases/openldap-client and now the headers are found. Now the problem is the library: it stops with /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lldap; however, I can see this

# find /usr/pkg -name libldap.a
/usr/pkg/lib/libldap.a

So I tried playing with

BUILDLINK_LIBDIRS.openldap-client+= lib

and other variants. Nothing works. Please, give me some hints to see the light.

Thank you.

Alberto Mijares