Re: Can anybody come with a creative solution to the "/bin/sh: bad interpreter" problem?

On Saturday, 28 January 2017, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 09:11:03PM +0000, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> Most, if not all, pkgsrc scripta are simple shell scripts that start with
> the canonical shebang:
> #! /bin/sh

Have you provided SH=.../bin/bash in bootstrap's environment?

Joerg

I have tried from scratch.

I can confirm that $SH doesn't do produce any changes.

$CONFIG_SHELL=/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/bin/bash

allows to proceed with the configure script but at a later stage the dreaded "/bin/sh not found" pops in again.

Termux allows the installation of proot, which provides a fake chroot environment. With that installed, I can overcome the shell problem, but then I get into all sorts of errors.

I don't have the resources to carry on this task.

If anybody is interested, they can pick up from where I left.

Make sure you cc:me as I don't regularly subscribe to the list.

Regards

--
Ottavio Caruso