Re: Can anybody come with a creative solution to the "/bin/sh: bad interpreter" problem?

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017, at 10:14, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> On 27 January 2017 at 11:34, Ian D. Leroux
> <idleroux%fastmail.fm@localhost> wrote:
> > Well, you could use find(1) to generate out the names of all regular
> > files in the pkgsrc tree and pipe those to a while loop that checks
> > each of those for the presence of a shebang (using grep(1) ) and
> > runs the sed(1) script on anything that passes. This will take a
> > while, and will overwrite the shebang lines for all shell scripts in
> > the tree, not just those used in bootstrap, but it sounds like any
> > script file that starts with '#!/bin/sh' is useless on your system
> > anyway.
> >

> Thanks Ian.
>
> I've found that the offending shell scripts are created after
> ./bootstrap invocation, and are in the bootstrap/work/bmake subdir.
>
> Therefore a rewrite won't work because you can pick up from where you
> left off during bootstrap, correct me if I'm wrong.

While there are ways of working around that, this is very much a
case where answering the question (what I tried to do) is different
from solving the problem (the path that Jonathan Perkin has
outlined).  I'd recommend following jperkin's advice, as it's much
more sensible than what I suggested (and will, incidentally, be much
more useful to others).

-- IDL