Re: mosquitto package is broken and orphan

Jesus Cea <jcea%jcea.es@localhost> writes:

> Writing to the listed maintainer (amoibos%gmail.com@localhost), his/her reply is
> that he/she is not interested in this package anymore.

Writing to MAINTAINER is the right first step.

> What would be the next step now?.

If someone says they are not interested, you can set MAINTAINER to
pksrc-users@ or to yourself.  Note in the commit message that you asked
and they said they are no longer maintaining.

Then you can fix the package.

Or, you can just fix it and not change MAINTAINER.

> I am not aware of the policy in situations like this. Sorry for my
> ignorance.

Don't worry - the policy is probably not clearly articulated.
Generally, as long as you ask and try to be polite (which you definitely
are doing), thihngs are ok.