Re: devel/doxygen + MacOS

> On Jan 18, 2017, at 5:17 AM, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> While picking the second word might work for all native flex versions,
> in general it seems that such an approach is unsound.  This makes me
> think that perhaps we should set a TOOLS_PLATFORM_VERSION.flex to a sed
> pattern, or something, in each OS makefile, that is able to determine
> the version from the native tool.  But, we have to be careful not to add
> lots of execution time when we don't need to know about flex, and
> particularly not on other platforms.

I was wondering about that option also, as perhaps the appropriate sed pattern will ultimately be more platform-specific.  However, we are currently using a single sed pattern to detect the flex version on all platforms, so perhaps that is not a big problem after all and a default pattern can be provided if the platform-specific one is missing.

Note that the entire sed command is only run under certain circumstances when the flex version is required (see the conditionals in flex.mk).  Thus, changing the sed pattern should have no performance cost, especially if the default is the same as now.

This solution would create new make variables.  Is that the best way to go?  Perhaps someone with greater pkgsrc make foo can weigh in on what that design might look like.

Cheers,
Brook