Re: devel/bmake + devel/mk-configure

> On Jan 16, 2017, at 11:14 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 10:48:33AM -0700, Brook Milligan wrote:
>> The fundamental problem seems to be that devel/bmake does not define
>> MAKE_VERSION correctly, i.e., it is empty.  Apparently, this might be
>> fixed at some point more recently than the bmake in pkgsrc, which is
>> version 20150505.  Is there a reason not to update devel/bmake to a
>> more recent version?  If so, does anyone have bandwidth for that? I am
>> uncertain what would be required.
>
> Updating it is a pain and normally only done for useful changes. I'm
> frankly not sure if MAKE_VERSION qualifies for that. So far I didn't see
> anything important enough to justify the pain.

OK.  What is required?  Is it useful to reduce the level of pain?  What about the goal of providing an up-to-date version for users who rely on bmake for non-NetBSD systems?

In any case, the implication for the problem at hand is that devel/mk-configure (perhaps others?) must be fixed to work around this.

Is there consensus that that is the correct solution?

Cheers,
Brook