Re: Firefox stability?

Hi,

From: Greg Oster <oster%netbsd.org@localhost>, Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 15:31:07 -0600

> On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 14:33:44 -0600 (CST)
> "John D. Baker" <jdbaker%mylinuxisp.com@localhost> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 10 Jan 2017, Greg Oster wrote:

>> > With packages built on Jan 7, 2017 I see the hang when trying to
>> > print in firefox-50.1.0 on NetBSD-7.0_STABLE (amd64). A new profile
>> > and hitting "CTRL-p" is sufficient to trigger the problem.
>>
>> Hmm.  I had a suspicion 'cups' was involved in this.  My test was not
>> complete as I only built dependencies leading to firefox.  "cups" is
>> not yet installed.  It will be built as a dependency of other
>> packages.
>>
>> I have an mp3 recording of OpenBSD developers describing "cups"
>> thusly:
>>
>>   "You mean that thing that breaks printing completely?"
>>
>> ;)
>
> So on this same system.... I did a "pkg_delete cups".... and now CTRL-p
> pops up the print dialog box as expected...  Stop firefox, "pkg_add
> cups".  Start firefox.  CTRL-p hangs.  Stop firefox.  "pkg_delete
> cups".  Start firefox.  Ctrl-p works.
>
> Yep.. it's cups...

It is reproduced on my environment.

The recent print/cups freezes localc from misc/libreoffice too.
I had disabled print/cups dependency in misc/libreoffice as workaround.

In this Firefox case, adding
print.postscript.cups.enabled = false
in about:config will help you.
I should add this default Firefox setting.

And I am investigating www/firefox segfault (core dump) now.
However I do not find any clue yet...

> Later...
>
> Greg Oster

Thank you.

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3