Re: Sylpheed crashing

On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:02:39 +0100 Tobias Nygren <tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 06:59:59 -0500
> "Ian D. Leroux" <idleroux%fastmail.fm@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > [New process 1]
> > [New process 59]
> > [New process 54]
> > Core was generated by `sylpheed'.
> > Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > #0  0x000076b5cf0c50f3 in ?? ()
> > (gdb) bt
> > #0  0x000076b5cf0c50f3 in ?? ()
> > #1  0x000076b5cec00675 in ?? ()
> > #from /usr/lib/i18n/libmapper_zone.so.5.0 2  0x000076b5dfdf0ac0
> > #in ?? () 3  0x000076b5cec00c89 in _fini ()
> > #from /usr/lib/i18n/libmapper_zone.so.5.0 4  0x0000000000000000
> > #in ?? ()
> >
> > Any hints? Has anyone else seen anything similar?
>
> No issues here. The stack looks trashed though. I'd expect every trace
> for thread 1 to lead back to g_main_loop_run() from glib2.
> Note: Sylpheed nowadays uses a separate worker thread for imap i/o so
> it might be useful to get a backtrace for all running threads.

gdb reports that the other threads have finished and refuses to switch
to them or print backtraces for them (while examining the core file).
There's probably no point fussing about this until I manage to
reproduce the crash with debug symbols to give us a usable backtrace.
I'll try to do that as soon as the current pkg_rr run completes.

--
IDL