Re: Proposed package removals after 2016Q4

On 19 December 2016 at 13:13, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:
> On 19 December 2016 at 12:59, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> To summarize, we plan to remove the following packages after 2016Q4:
> [...]
>> sysutils/xenkernel41
>> sysutils/xenkernel45
>> sysutils/xentools41
>> sysutils/xentools45
>
> Would it be possible to hold off on xen 45 - I'm unable to get any of
> my existing Ubuntu guests to boot if I update from pkgsrc xen45 to
> xen46

Just to confirm with xentools46-4.6.3nb4 my DOM0 has nine Ubuntu DOMUs
which are now happy under xen46 (previously failed to boot). As an
additional benefit the 16.04 installs will also run the 4.6 kernels on
which they previously choked.

So *many* thanks to Manuel for the fix :)

David