Re: pkgsrc scanning performance benchmarks

On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 07:29:27AM -0600, John Marino wrote:
> This is reproducible.  If you proposed a fix, you could measure exactly
> the effect using the same machine with synth.

It is already measurable on a single invocation in wm/xfce4-wm:
it takes 4.2 seconds on my notebook and forks 2158 times.

This breaks down to 615 make, 1076 sh, 157 pkg_admin and 10 pkg_info
calls. The remaining invocations are a small number of
awk echo env file gcc grep id lex msgfmt perl pwd python2.7 sed
uname.

Martin