Re: gcc6 with sanitizers

coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:

> hmm, I'm able to see line numbers in the backtrace (no ASAN, though)
> maybe it requires -g as a flag and no stripping? (file(1) can tell
> if something is stripped)

-g and no stripping (and -O0 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-common) is suggested, but seems not to be sufficient.
(With gdb it works of course, but ASAN/UBSAN is much more comfortable :)

It became off-topic now for pkgsrc when base-gcc is the suggested way.  I'll better put it on the netbsd-users list.  Thank you!

Carsten