Re: gcc6 with sanitizers

coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:

> (Assuming from context you mean for NetBSD), christos had to do a bunch of
> stuff
> to make it work on netbsd base, I think you'll need to replicate it:
> http://freshbsd.org/search?committer=christos&q=sanitizer
>
> seems to be "try to use the same netbsd.h and netbsd-elf.h as netbsd base
> does,
> in gcc/config"

Ah, thank you!  This means that the currently suggested way to use sanitizers is to use the the base system gcc and not a pkgsrc variant?

There I have the problem that the symbolizer somehow doesn't work.  In some cases the the source code line of a problem is printed but in the backtrace are only hex offsets (instead of filename + line number).  How to make this work?

Carsten