SSL configured wrong for DragonFly. How can it be fixed?

pkgsrc assumes OpenSSL base at /usr:
security/openssl/builtin.mk:127:BUILDLINK_PREFIX.openssl= /usr

This assumption is wrong for DragonFly which has a private OpenSSL library only for base use. pkgsrc is supposed to build and use its own OpenSSL.

The BUILDLINK_PREFIX.openssl is hardcoded. What's the proper fix for pkgsrc? (Yes, I know I can patch it in pkgsrc-synth).

John

---