Re: upgrading pkgsrc on omnios

On 2016-11-02 03:50 AM, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
* On 2016-11-01 at 19:05 GMT, Geoff Nordli wrote:

Just a note, i downloaded the new bootstrap file, extracted it to its
location, and then I needed to edit:

/opt/local/etc/pkgin/repositories.conf

to change the URL to http.

otherwise I was getting a

root@pc-oi1:~# /opt/local/bin/pkgin update
reading local summary...
processing local summary...
4438360:error:140780E5:SSL routines:ssl23_read:ssl handshake failure:s23_lib.c:137:
Hmm, I can't reproduce this in my OmniOS VM, though I wonder if you
are trying to upgrade from a release which has a much older OpenSSL.

Do you still get this error after running a full "pkgin full-upgrade"
then switching back to https?

Thanks,

OK, it took me a bit to narrow this down. It seems to be related to our proxy.

Going through the proxy using http, works fine.

going through the proxy using https, I get that ssl handshake error.

If I unset the https_proxy variable, all is well.

wget works with SSL through the proxy when downloading the bootstrap file.

I am not that concerned about fixing it, at least we know where the issue is.

If you want me to try something else, I can.

thanks,

Geoff