Re: misc/calibre crashing even sooner than before (in XQueryExtension)

On Sun 09 Oct 2016 at 16:31:59 +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> That also crashes! Here is a very very very annoying regression going
> on.

22 August I built a full -current system, and if I wholesale replace my
/usr/X11R7 from 7.0.1 with that one[1], things go a bit better.

calibre1's ebook-viewer works again.

calibre's ebook-viewer works too and doesn't even dump core when exiting.
Even the "Inspect..." menu item works if the book is empty (but not
otherwise (I think this may be the first time I try it with no book
loaded)).

[1] This requires some small patching up of things, since it's not a
full system upgrade. I had to pull in {,/usr}/lib/libcrypto.so.11* from
-current as well, and /usr/pkg/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 needs the
libfreetype.so.17 (against which it originally was linked).
I may run into other things that need to be patched up a bit.

This also ought to fix the left-handed-mouse problems I have with gtk3 /
Qt5 programs.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.