Re: Build private packages in pbulk with dependencies from public repo?

On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 04:44:18PM -0500, J. Lewis Muir wrote:
> I'd like to use pbulk to build my private packages, but I'd love it if
> pbulk didn't need to build all the dependent packages that already exist
> in a public binary repository.  Is there a way to make pbulk download
> and use binary packages from a public repository if they exist rather
> than build them itself?

While it might be possible to do that, it isn't implemented and I
generally dislike the idea. There are rarely is a point for this, since
the situation where you want to do this typically overlap 100% with
doing limited builds. If you do a limited build anyway, most of the
advantage of avoiding some builds disappear.

Joerg