Re: Thoughts on building lang/gcc packages without Java support

On 30 September 2016 at 01:19, Sevan / Venture37 <venture37%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> On 29 September 2016 at 14:48, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:
>> Java could be split out into a separate package, (possibly depending
>> on the base gcc package).
>
> but the separate package would still be attempted when running bulk builds.
>
> I was proposing the following change at the lang/gcc packages.

[...removing java from the default build options]

That would remove it from bulk builds for all platforms, and make it
unavailable to binary package users. If it were a separate package
then you could selectively exclude it from the bulk builds of slower
platforms.