Re: gfortran

On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 08:56:50AM -0500, Jason Bacon wrote:
> I started a similar discussion a couple years ago.  The response was that
> g95 is the only thing that works on many platforms and pkgsrc is committed
> to portability.

That's not the point. The point is that all the alternative packages
like gcc49 etc are much more heavy by including things like the Java
backend. You can easily select a different implementation, but for
casual users, it is way too heavy. That ignores all the usual problem of
dealing with multiple GCC versions at the same time. We hit some of them
due to rpath ordering already.

Joerg