Re: Compiler for Tru64 + pkgsrc

On 6/5/16 8:27 AM, jerome ibanes wrote:
Anyone have a newer GCC compiled for tru64 for use with pkgsrc ?
The latest I have compiled and used was gcc-4.4.7 on tru64. which is the
latest of the 4.4 branch and was released in 2012. I've used gmp-4.3.2 and
mpfr 3.1.3.

Is 4.4.7 sufficient for pkgsrc?

Jerome
It's days are numbered, but should be OK for now. That's the gcc version used by CentOS 6, which is well supported. I've had to do a few source code patches to get things working with 4.4.7, but so far it hasn't been a terrible hassle.

On some packages (e.g. Pacific Bioscience genomics tools), I punted and added GCC_REQD=4.8 because the developers insist on using a handful of c++11 features that aren't supported in 4.4.7. This will probably become more common over the next couple years.

    Jason