Re: www/curl build error

Jason Bacon <bacon4000%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> I ran into the following build error for www/curl on NetBSD 6.1.5:
>
>   CC       ../lib/curl-nonblock.o
>   CC       ../lib/curl-warnless.o
>   CCLD     curl
> ld: cannot find -lncurses
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> bmake.bin[2]: stopped in
> /usr/home/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2016Q1/www/curl/work/curl-7.47.1/src
> *** Error code 1
>
> Adding .include "../../mk/curses.buildlink3.mk" resolved it.
>
> Note that this build was in an unprivileged pkgsrc 2016Q1 tree, not
> /usr/pkgsrc.

I built www/curl on fairly recent netbsd-6, and it built without that.
However, I do have ncurses installed.  But, I then grepped over the
entire pkgsrc directory with a build tree and "curses" does not appear.

I can't find any documentation in curl that says it needs curses.

The newly-built curl does not link to any kind of curses.

Do you know where -lncurses is coming from, and why?