Re: PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS

On Sun, May 01, 2016 at 11:41:54AM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> I'm a bit surprised at how PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS seems to work:
>
> /etc/mk.conf:
> PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS=gssapi
>
> # make show-var VARNAME=PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
> gssapi
> # make show-var VARNAME=PKG_OPTIONS
> gssapi
> # make show-var VARNAME=PKG_OPTIONS.libsoup
>
> # pwd
> /usr/pkgsrc/net/libsoup
>
> This means that within a package one has to test for default options
> separately from that package's options? Is this the way it is meant
> to work?

Try:

# make show-options
Any of the following general options may be selected:
        gssapi   Enable gssapi (Kerberos V) support.

These options are enabled by default:

These options are currently enabled:
        gssapi

You can select which build options to use by setting PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
or PKG_OPTIONS.libsoup.

Why do you care if it's set by PKG_OPTIONS.libsoup or
PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS?
 Thomas