Re: cwrappers ld transform problem

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 12:50:45PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 12:35:28PM +0200, Matthias Ferdinand wrote:
> > >
> > > Correct, I don't do unsolicitated expansion splitting linker options as
> > > they are supposed to be used independently.
> >
> > Actually it is pkgsrc itself which is providing COMPILER_RPATH_FLAG to
> > ld:
>
> But it is your definition that is merging different linker options in
> one -Wl option for the compiler.

Yes, and for gcc this seems to be like it should:

       -Wl,option
           Pass option as an option to the linker.  If option contains
           commas, it is split into multiple options at the commas.
           You can use this syntax to pass an argument to the option.
           For example, -Wl,-Map,output.map passes -Map output.map to
           the linker.  When using the GNU linker, you can also get
           the same effect with -Wl,-Map=output.map.

Regards
Matthias