Re: [patch] fix libtool errors in textproc/expat

[accidentally skipped CCing to list]

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:37:08PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 07:38:11PM +0200, Matthias Ferdinand wrote:
> > on some (but not all, could not find why) of my Linux-based buildhosts,
> > I get a libtool error while building textproc/expat:
> >
> >     ===> Building for expat-2.1.1
> >     /bin/bash ./libtool --verbose --mode=compile cc -std=gnu99 -I./lib -I. -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -fexceptions  -DHAVE_EXPAT_CONFIG_H -o lib/xmlparse.lo -c lib/xmlparse.c
> >     libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
> >     libtool: compile: specify a tag with `--tag'
> >     *** Error code 1
>
> That usually (in pkgsrc) only happens when you switch compilers behind libtool's back.
>
> In other words, when you change the compiler you use, you must rebuild
> and reinstall libtool* (probably libtool-base, not sure).
>
> Could this be the case here?

Thank you! Reinstalling libtool-base helped on every buildhost where I
had this problem. Does adding/removing

   PKGSRC_COMPILER=        ccache gcc

in mk.conf count as "changing the compiler behind libtools back"?
Or adding/removing

   USE_CWRAPPERS=yes

?

These were the only parameters I played with recently.

Regards
Matthias