Re: security/gnupg2 MESSAGE needed? (or fix)

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 08:26:28AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost writes:
>
> > i, to generate key with this successfully I needed to write:
> >  pinentry-program /usr/pkg/bin/pinentry
> > in ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf
> >
> > Without this, it was failing to generate a key.
> > It may be good to write this in MESSAGE, if it cannot be made to respect
> > PATH.
>
> I don't think it belongs in MESSAGE, but in the installed documentation.
> (Actually, I think almost nothing belongs in MESSAGE, and we should get
> rid of almost all of them).
>
> Did the upstream info/etc. not explain this?

Hello Greg,

This is very much a bug on our end, I mentioned MESSAGE as an
alternative if it cannot be fixed.

This is not important because upon further inspection, I have found the
problem.
This is defined at configure time with --with-pinentry-pgm=
It seems that we already try to define this with:
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-pinentry-pgm=${BUILDLINK_PREFIX.pinentry}/bin/pinentry

But looking at config.log, I have: --with-pinentry-pgm=/bin/pinentry

So, ${BUILDLINK_PREFIX.pinentry} is apparently not defined (or wasn't
in my case).