Re: light-weight office tools? (was Re: libreoffice-bin pango errors)

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 10:51:31AM -0600, Roy Bixler wrote:
> Glad to see that this works, but I suppose that means you've given up
> on using lighter weight office tools.  Gnumeric works well enough for
> me on spreadsheets, but I've had less luck on Abiword's .doc support.
> To sort of revive an older thread, does anyone have any pointers on
> Libreoffice and Abiword alternatives?

Yes, we had that thread of discussion. The lighter variants lacked
something or the other. I do not recollect right now, but I did give them
a try before.

Particularly when you have to deal with docs/sheets created by others your
choices are limited. And for creating my own, I rather prefer latex
wherever feasible.

Mayuresh.