Re: thread-safe sqlite3

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 05:27:15PM +0000, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
> I am attempting to get more pieces of GNOME3 working.
>
> Currently I am stuck with nautilus, which fails at configure,
> asking for TRACKER. I believe this is wip/meta-tracker, which I've
> tried to update.
> However, meta-tracker is complaining that sqlite3 is not thread-safe, as
> mentioned here, the default mode is NOT thread safe, unless otherwise
> specified.
> https://www.sqlite.org/threadsafe.html
>
> I've been unable to get a thread-safe sqlite3 to appease meta-tracker,
> and would appreciate help on this problem.

It turned out to be mostly one thing. in config.log I saw that it tried
to add -ldbus-glib-1 and then not finding it, which was confusing.
It was being added by the Makefile.

Upon removal it went through this fine, but it caused the same failure
as in the previous version which required adding LDFLAGS -ldbus-glib-1
in the first place, so I had to add it back.

It turned out that the original problem is the use of
-Wl,--enable-new-dtags which makes things all broken.

It checks for this option being supported by the static linker but apparently
it should be testing if the dynamic linker supports this (thanks joerg, who
wanted to add a few strong words about this predicament).

It was resolved by BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM+=rm:-Wl,--enable-new-dtags.

I had forgotten to push some local changes and remove the firefox
dependency, sorry for wasting anyone's time compiling those.