Re: History behind pkgsrc 'biology' category

I have experienced a reclassification of packages in one Linux
distribution. The original categories were inherited from old Red Hat
from 90s.

People wanted to revamp them to current reality and load balance the
number of packages in each category. In the end they entered into
perpetual alterations and movements, they worked for several days and
the result was much worse than the original hierarchy. People were
dissatisfied.

I'm against any modification of categories. Please set them in stone.
Even if they might be misleading in some cases, people are used to
them, we have got scripts for the current sets of categories, websites
etc. Please don't break it for no benefit.