Re: qt4-libs and libiconv

* On 2016-02-01 at 12:59 GMT, Richard PALO wrote:

> Le 30/01/16 08:08, Richard PALO a écrit :
> > Le 30/01/16 08:02, Richard PALO a écrit :
> >> libQtCore uses iconv in codec support and, at least on my platform, seems to pull in the dependency implicitly
> >> causing problems with missing iconv in many dependent packages such as qoauth, poppler-qt4, qca2, etc...
> >> '-liconv' being present in the distributed QtCore.pc
> >>
> >> Any particular reason *not* to explicitly add libiconv BL3 to qt4-libs and to its buildlink3.mk to ease this?
> >>
> > looks like for me, the implicit dependency on libiconv comes from the 'cups' option.
> >

> I guess the answer is *no*, given the commit seen this morning. Thanks for the reply.

Ah, I missed this thread.  If qt4-libs was previously building for you
on SunOS for whatever reason then yes, please do bump PKGREVISION - it
was failing for us since 2015Q4, as seen here:

  http://us-east.manta.joyent.com/pkgsrc/public/reports/upstream-trunk32/20160130.2231/qt4-libs-4.8.7/install.log

(The error is a little opaque, but essentially libqcncodecs.la was
completely missing due to no iconv support).