Re: MACHINE_ARCH is now i386 on Darwin with ABI=64 (should be x86_64?)

* On 2016-01-25 at 09:28 GMT, Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri wrote:

> With these changes, my Darwin host, with ABI=64, now builds packages
> that has "MACHINE_ARCH=i386" rather than x86_64.  Do I need to set
> MACHINE_ARCH in mk.conf?  Or do I need to blow everything away and
> re-run the bootstrap?

You'll need to re-bootstrap.  Older bootstraps incorrectly encoded
MACHINE_ARCH as i386 into bmake, and pkgsrc only worked because of all
the overloading that was going on in various places.  You can verify
this by moving to a directory outside of pkgsrc and running 'bmake -V
MACHINE_ARCH'.

Setting MACHINE_ARCH manually in mk.conf will work around the problem
until you get a chance to re-bootstrap, which will then ensure bmake
is correctly built with MACHINE_ARCH=x86_64.

Apologies for the inconvenience, but it'll be a one-time thing, and
hopefully the last we'll see of these problems.

Cheers,