texlive xelatex not working [ Was fontconfig : .so.2 not provided by 2.11.1?]

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 08:02:20AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:
> > On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 11:46:36AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> >> Isn't there supposed to be a correlation between package version and the
> >> library version - i.e. shouldn't package version 2.x imply .so.2?
> >
> > No, you cannot expect that in general.
>
> And further, packages that try to make that work are doing the wrong
> thing, and cause extra trouble, becuase there are needless shlib
> version bumps (not due to an ABI break).

I installed latex from TexLive DVD (2015) on NetBSD 7.0 amd64.

xelatex from above package seems to have dependency on fontconfig.so.2,
which doesn't seem to be available on NetBSD.

Wonder how this situation is possible if the DVD consists of pre-compiled
binaries.

[ A correction: I realize while I write this, when I installed from DVD, I
was having NetBSD i386, which I later changed to amd64 for no specific
reason. But I do not know whether it relates with above issue. ]

Mayuresh