Re: OS X 10.11.1, non-existing SDK after latest El Capitan update, x11/modular-xorg-xquartz

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 12:58:01PM +0100, Adam Ciarci??ski wrote:
> >> There was recently an update to both El Capitan and to Xcode. El Capitan
> >> is now at version 10.11.1, but Xcode does not currently, as far as I can
> >> see, provide an 10.11.1 SDK.
[cut]
> > Replicating the sdk path logic to these packages was a stopgap measure
> > (they need it to find objc frameworks). I think we need to:
> >
> > 1) fix the logic in mk/platform/Darwin.mk so it knows about 10.11.1.
>
> The logic in mk/platform/Darwin.mk is correct.
> But there is a wrong logic in pkgsrc/x11/modular-xorg-xquartz/Makefile
>
> .if exists(/usr/bin/xcrun) && exists(/usr/bin/sw_vers)
> MY_OSX_VERS!=           /usr/bin/sw_vers -productVersion
> MY_XCODE_SDK_PATH!=     /usr/bin/xcrun --sdk macosx${MY_OSX_VERS} --show-sdk-path
> .endif
> MAKE_ENV+=              OSX_SDK_PATH=${MY_XCODE_SDK_PATH}
>
> I believe the lines cited above must be reduced to one MAKE_ENV, as OSX_SDK_PATH is defined in mk/platform/Darwin.mk:
> MAKE_ENV+=              OSX_SDK_PATH=${OSX_SDK_PATH}
>
> Please, give it a try (I don't use X11 on OS X at all) and let me know it that works.
>
> Kind regards,
> Adam

Making the above change in the Makefiles for x11/modular-xorg-xquartz
and wm/libAppleWM (which has similar code) makes these ports build
without errors or any surprising warnings. The X11 and quartz-wm
binaries seems to be working as expected.

Thanks,

--
:: Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri, Bioinformatics Developer, BILS,
:: Uppsala University, Sweden