Re: Crash and reboot during pkgsrc update

Mitt Green <mitt_green%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

> I am trying to update pkgsrc via CVS but it keeps crashing and the
> system reboots itself.  The same thing was when I previously was
> trying to install gdk-pixbuf2-xlib.
>
> I decided to update pkgsrc because when I have been trying to install
> something using pkgin since today, the error "Database disk image is
> malformed", thinking this can solve the issue.
>
> System: NetBSD 7.0, amd64.

Your issues are probably not about pkgsrc.  I recommend:

 - running memory tests on your system, with
   /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/memtestplus   Only if that runs multi-core
   without errors for hours should you proceed to the next step.

 - running the atf tests (you may need to install a tests set) in
   /usr/tests.   See atf-run, and atf-report.