Re: Do I need /rc.d/cupsd to run libreoffice4?

On 10 October 2015 at 11:59, Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%joyent.com@localhost> wrote:
> * On 2015-10-10 at 12:01 BST, Greg Troxel wrote:
>
>> I continue to think that 95%+ of our MESSAGE files should be removed :-)
>> Using an rc script is not special and does not merit shouting at the user.
>
> +1.

Thanks.

As pointed out in my other thread, this message is lost when I run:

bash-4.3$ pkg_info -D cups
Information for cups-2.0.3nb1:

Install notice:
$NetBSD: MESSAGE,v 1.10 2008/12/14 17:17:55 ahoka Exp $

You will need to also install print/ghostscript if you wish to
print to non-Postscript printers.

You may install additional PPD files for other printer models into
/usr/pkg/share/cups/model.

You may want to backup /etc/printcap before starting CUPS for the first
time, as the CUPS scheduler may overwrite this file with automatically
generated content.

Apologies for the duplication, but I think this can be relevant to both threads.