Re: devel/ncurses 6.0 hackery at least on DragonFly

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 12:13:31AM -0700, David Shao wrote:
> Three patches are empty other than the $NetBSD$ line:
> patch-ad
> patch-cxx_cursesf.h
> patch-cxx_cursesm.h
>
> So I removed them and did a bmake makepatchsum.

Sorry, I definitely intended to remove those. Not sure how they
escaped. Gone now.

> Then git-base failed to build with:
>
>      SUBDIR templates
>     MSGFMT po/build/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/git.mo
> /usr/pkg/lib/libncurses.so.6: version NCURSES_5.9 required by
> /usr/pkg/lib/libgettextlib-0.19.4.so not defined
> Makefile:2051: recipe for target
> 'po/build/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/git.mo' failed
> gmake: *** [po/build/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/git.mo] Error 1

I'm not sure where libgettextlib gets its dependency on libncurses
from for you.

Due to your email, I've also bumped all packages using
mk/curses.buildlink3.mk and mk/terminfo.buildlink3.mk, perhaps that
improves the situation.

> Also gvim failed to start and neither could I create a new Terminal from Xfce4.

Let me know if these are fixed now or what further packages need a
PKGREVISION bump.

You should be on the safe side if you do a full pbulk. Then all
packages using ncurses will be rebuilt.

> It's amazing what
> .include "../../devel/ncurses/buildlink3.mk"
> can replace.  In particular, the days of
>
> .include "../../mk/curses.buildlink3.mk"
> or
> .include "../../mk/termcap.buildlink3.mk"
>
> may be numbered, at least on pkgsrc DragonFly.

I think it's the other way round -- termcap is a smaller dependency
than curses, so we prefer to include that if curses is not needed, and
similarly for curses.
 Thomas