Re: Update of goffice0.10 and gnumeric112?

Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 03, 2015 at 01:04:50PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> goffice may be similar, but since it's less user-facing, I would be
>> inclined to use the "always-versioned" approach for it.
>
> goffice0.6 can go when gnumeric (no suffix) is updated.
> goffice0.8 is used by three packages:
> biology/gnome-chemistry-utils
> devel/cutter (options.mk)
> finance/gnucash
> (and of course, gnumeric110)
>
> so we'll need it a bit longer. (I'm pretty sure I already tried once
> to update gnucash to goffice0.10 and failed.)

OK - that sounds fine.  But given his, I'd like to see us only have
gofficeX.Y, and not try to rename some version to be unsuffixed.  Then
we can add new versions as they appear and remove old ones as they are
too crufty, without churn.   What I meant is that since users don't
directly use goffice, the fact that there is no "goffice" package
doesn't hurt.