Re: Problem running sshd on Darwin, "dyld: Symbol not found: _allow_severity"

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 10:56:14PM +0200, Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 10:24:34PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 09:55:03PM +0200, Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri wrote:
> > > Adding "-rdynamic" to the start of SSHDLIBS and reinstalling (with
> > > "STRIP_OPT=-s") doesn't help, neither does adding it to start of
> > > LDFLAGS.
> >
> > Feared so. Set INSTALL_UNSTRIPPED in the pkgsrc Makefile.
> >
> > Joerg
> >

> Sorry, but setting INSTALL_UNSTRIPPED to anything (1, yes, YES etc.) in
> the pkgsrc Makefile doesn't seem to do anything.
>
> Using "env INSTALL_UNSTRIPPED=yes bmake install" doesn't work either,
> nor does "bmake install INSTALL_UNSTRIPPED=yes".
>
> I *did* run "bmake clean" between every try.

$ bmake show-var VARNAME=_STRIPFLAG_INSTALL
-s

Then I added the following right after the include of "options.mk" (or
OPSYS won't be defined):

    .if ${OPSYS} == "Darwin"
    INSTALL_UNSTRIPPED=    yes
    .endif

Now:

$ bmake show-var VARNAME=_STRIPFLAG_INSTALL
(no output)

After "bmake clean" and "bmake configure", the Makefile in the work
directory *still* has "STRIP_OPT=-s".

I tried to look through the various pkgsrc mk files, but I wasn't able
to see how _STRIPFLAG_INSTALL should be translated into "@STRIP_OPT@"
that is mentioned by Makefile.in...

Cheers,

--
:: Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri, Bioinformatics Developer, BILS,
:: Uppsala University, Sweden