Re: PKG_ADD NetBSD 4.0.1 support

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Krishnan Rajiyah <krajiyah%gmail.com@localhost>
Date: Thu, Jun 25, 2015, 10:15 AM
Subject: PKG_ADD NetBSD 4.0.1 support
To: <pkgsrc-pmc%netbsd.org@localhost>, <technical-exec%netbsd.org@localhost>

Hello NetBSD company,

I need help finding a FTP or HTTP path for my pkg_add
command on NetBSD-4.0.1-x68k. I have gone onto your ftp
site and it seems that version 4 does not have a folder on
the site. Is there an archive folder that I can download
from, and that I can use for PKG_PATH environment variable?

Please email me at krajiyah%gmail.com@localhost if you have any
advice for me, or if you know someone who can help me out.

Thanks,
Krishnan Rajiyah
--------

My response:

I looked and couldn't find precompiled packages for NetBSD < 5.1.

NetBSD 4.0.1 is past end-of-life; I still have a NetBSD 4.0.1 i386 installation sitting idle on a 4 GB Kingston Data Traveler, no longer useful.

But you can still download NetBSD base OS for < 5.0.

I imagine you can still build packages from source with pkgsrc on NetBSD 4.0.1, but for myself prefer NetBSD-current.

Conceivably there might be something somewhere, but it would seem more logical to upgrade NetBSD to a supported version.

Tom