Re: cdrecord and near-DVD-sized images?

> I am putting some bits on DVD, and ran mkisofs from sysutils/cdrecord on
> a netbsd-6 i386 machine.  The file was 4680359936 bytes, which is less
> than the reported capacity of a single-layer DVD.  I was able to mount
> this via vnconfig and read the files.  I ran cdrecord without incident.
> Then, I was unable to even read from the disk using dd.  On a mac, I
> could dd from it, but not mount the fs.  The file is still transferring,
> but indications are I am reading back the file bit-for-bit.
>
> Has anyone else had similar issues?

Yes. Yesterday I was creating a double-layer backup dvd using
mkisofs and dvdrecord and encountered maybe same problem in that
it won't mount.  This has worked for a long time but didn't this
time so I used growisofs and it worked fine.  So something appears
to be an issue with dvdrecord and maybe cdrecord.