Re: Problem with libreoffice4

On Wed, 8 Apr 2015, Thomas Klausner wrote:

And then I get a dialog box which says

	The application cannot be started.
	User installation could not be completed.

On the first start it tries to create files in
$HOME/.config/libreoffice and perhaps a few other places. Perhaps part
of this is failing here? Do you see more if you ktrace it?
Thomas

Once again, you've given the perfect clue!

I did a quick check, and there was one file in my .config/libreoffice/ directory that was (strangely) owned by root, and not by myself. I may have erronesouly restored it along with some stuff from my previous systems...

I removed the entire .config/libreoffice/ directory and now it starts up just fine.

Another issue resolved.  :)

| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |