Aw: Re: Creating package: bmake failes

> The pkgsrc makefile should be Makefile.  How does the package build
> natively, and how have you configured the package to build in the pkgsrc
> Makefile?  Please either post your pkgsrc Makefile or point us to it (in
> wip, or whereever).

With MAKE_FILE=      makefile it works better...

The original sources are unchanged at the moment.  I intend to at least change
the installation paths by a patch file.

bmake stops again with:

for i in eqn/eqn.d  eqn/neqn.d  eqn/checkeq.d  eqn/eqnchar.d  tbl  pic  grap  vgrind  refer  mpm  troff/libhnj  troff/libhnj/hyphen.d  troff/troff.d/font  troff/troff.d/dpost.d  troff/troff.d/tmac.d  troff/troff.d/postscript  troff/troff.d  troff/nroff.d  troff/nroff.d/terms.d  picpack  checknr  ptx  soelim  col;  do  (cd "$i" && /usr/pkg/bin/bmake all) || exit;  done
bmake: don't know how to make all. Stop

bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/textproc/heirloom-doctools/work/heirloom-doctools-150406/eqn/eqn.d

The source makefile starts with:

SUBDIRS = eqn/eqn.d \
        eqn/neqn.d \
[...]
MAKEFILES = $(SUBDIRS:=/Makefile)

.SUFFIXES: .mk
.mk:
        echo SYSTEM = SYS_`uname` >$@
        cat version.mk mk.config $< >>$@

dummy: $(MAKEFILES) all

makefiles: $(MAKEFILES)

.DEFAULT:
        + for i in $(SUBDIRS); \
        do \
                (cd "$$i" && $(MAKE) $@) || exit; \
        done

So the makefiles of the subdirectories should be created at first.
But this is not done...